Will you be a Piece in our Puzzle of Life?

I was reminded this weekend after a visit to our precious friends, The Ewings, just how intertwined our lives are with friends, family and loved ones. We went there to love on them and help support them as their son battles brain cancer, but in return, we were the ones who felt so loved and encouraged by them....I love that our lives are so interconnected with others... at times it makes life stressful and chaotic and I just want to retreat to my own little world, but much more often, it makes life fuller and richer and much more exciting! I love praying for others and lifting them up to God's throne of Grace. I love knowing people well enough for them to tell me what they need prayer for. Most of all... I love it when others pray for me! (selfish I know) It brings me peace when God followers offer to pray for me because I know the prayer of a righteous man (or woman) is powerful and effective and when those who say they will pray- really do- God moves....
So- here is what I am asking-to those who are willing- will you join with me in praying for the pieces of our family to all come together? So many of you have asked when we will be returning to Ethiopia to bring home our son, and our answer is still, to our frustration, "we don't know." But God knows and I know the Word says that God sets the lonely in families. And I know that right now a piece of our puzzle is still in Ethiopia. When we visited our son at the end of July, we spent our days at the transition home with him (something I still want to blog on soon). One thing we found is that our new son loves puzzles! We spent a good hour or more working on a 1000 piece puzzle and he loved it! He was so proud every time he found where a piece went. So I got a puzzle made from one of the pictures we took while there. It is only 100 pieces so it won't take long to put together, but what I want to do is borrow and idea I saw on someone else's blog. I would like for anyone who is willing to join us in prayer for our family to write their name on the back of one of the pieces. You can do this in person at my orphanage shower next Saturday ( Sept. 30th from 2-4 pm at Sheila Key's home) or you can send me a message via e-mail or Facebook and I can write in on for you. That way, every time we play with the puzzle, I can talk to Biruk about all the people who are part of our lives and who helped to pray him home. I will post a pic of the puzzle as it progresses.
I told little Levi Ewing as I held him on Saturday, that some day, he would get to meet Biruk, and I knew that Biruk would love him, because he loves little kids even though he is 8 years old.....and Biruk would smile his big grin at Levi and Levi would smile his chubby grin back and their lives would become intertwined.....just like the rest of us.

I was reminded this weekend after a visit to our precious friends, The Ewings, just how intertwined our lives are with friends, family and loved ones. We went there to love on them and help support them as their son battles brain cancer, but in return, we were the ones who felt so loved and encouraged by them....I love that our lives are so interconnected with others... at times it makes life stressful and chaotic and I just want to retreat to my own little world, but much more often, it makes life fuller and richer and much more exciting! I love praying for others and lifting them up to God's throne of Grace. I love knowing people well enough for them to tell me what they need prayer for. Most of all... I love it when others pray for me! (selfish I know) It brings me peace when God followers offer to pray for me because I know the prayer of a righteous man (or woman) is powerful and effective and when those who say they will pray- really do- God moves....I told little Levi Ewing as I held him on Saturday, that some day, he would get to meet Biruk, and I knew that Biruk would love him, because he loves little kids even though he is 8 years old.....and Biruk would smile his big grin at Levi and Levi would smile his chubby grin back and their lives would become intertwined.....just like the rest of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment